The fine print.
- For the dog to be enrolled, customers must complete an online or paper registration and submit proof of current vaccination.
- Minor handlers (16-18 years of age) need to have the Class/Workshop Request Form signed by their parent or guardian.
- The first payment received, is the first dog enrolled in the class. Payment in full is required to receive enrollment confirmation.
- Parvovirus and Distemper: Puppies must have proof of parvovirus (P) and distemper (D) series immunizations from their veterinarian. The 3 shot-series is given at approximately 8, 12 & 16 weeks and a one-year booster(DHPPV) is required. Thereafter, dogs must have an annual or 3-year booster or titer as indicated by their veterinarian.
- Rabies: By law, all dogs older than four (4) months old, must have proof of current immunizations for rabies. Initial rabies vaccine is given at 3-4 months and a one-year booster is required. Thereafter, dogs must have a rabies booster every three (3) years. Titer results are not accepted for rabies.
- Fecal Examination: If you are going to be using the BOSS Pool, your dog must have had a this examination within the last 12 months.
Make class and workshop checks payable to BOSS and mail to:
PO Box 513
*For private lessons, instructors and affiliates make their own arrangements and set their own payment policies and fees.
Refund & Insufficient Funds
- All customer requested refunds will be made by check less a $10.00 processing fee.
- After your class registration is confirmed, a refund (less the processing fee) will only be given if your class spot is filled.
- There will be a $35 charge for check submitted with insufficient funds or credit payments denied.
Proof of adoption from county animal control, The Humane Society or a rescue organization will receive a $20 discount for either a Puppy Class or Family Dog I Class. When signing up, enter "Rescue" in the Promotion Code and mail your adoption paperwork. The organization's name, contact information, proof of spay/neuter and dates of immunizations must appear on the adoption paperwork.
Health & Missed Classes
- If your dog has allergies, please notify the instructor at the first class.
- If your dog is sick, please do not bring him or her to class. You are encouraged to attend, without your dog, so you do not miss anything.
- If your dog is in heat, please advise the instructor prior to class. The instructor will decide if your dog may attend.
- Missed classes cannot be made up. If you miss a class, you may make arrangements with the instructor for a private lesson.
Control of Dogs
- Flexible leads are not permitted as they do not provide adequate control.
- Dogs must be on leash and under control while on or near BOSS property.
- When passing or near other dogs, hold the lead as close to the collar as possible.
- Please don't allow dogs to meet in class until the instructor gives permission.
- Please do not work your dog off lead unless the instructor has permitted or you are in a privately reserved area.
- The instructor reserves the right to dismiss dogs who show aggression toward people or other dogs. Private sessions may be recommended in these cases.
- Only the dogs registered for class or an event are allowed.
Family members are encouraged to participate in puppy classes. However, to ensure that you and your canine companion get the most from instruction, we request that children under six be supervised by an adult other than the person training the dog. if you are taking more advanced classes, children under 10 should be supervised by another adult .
Smoking in the facility is prohibited.
Splash Zone Policies
Additional policies apply specifically to the Splash Zone.